Sunday, April 25, 2010

Gentry's Great Strides...

Gentry has come so far. When he first arrived he was very stressed and had some behavioral issues under saddle. But, Elisa has been taking her time and starting him all over without pushing him. And now he is working quietly and moving forward under saddle. He obviously must have hated his former life and job and is now beginning to realize that he can enjoy a new life...

We are all so proud of Gentry! This really is a very special horse who will make someone an interesting and loyal horse.

To think someone hated this horse so much that they marked his feedlot paperwork as "For Slaughter Only". Very sad. I still remember seeing him on the Fallon feedlot, I walked by him three times but something about him kept drawing me back. Our contact told me that I "wouldn't want him"- but something inside of me told me I did. I knew that even if he had to remain at Shiloh for his life, that I could not leave him, that I would regret it and he would haunt me. We made a very wise decision in saving this guy, his willingness, intelligence and playful spirit have more than proven themselves.


Great Job, Gentry and Elisa!




Read this article here

No comments: